Wednesday 23 April 2014

Everyone needs a craft haven like Blyth Craft Studio!!

While flicking through my Cardmaking &Papercraft magazine i spotted the craft awards article, as i am pretty new to crafting magazines i was excited to find out that these awards exist. As i begin to read it i soon spotted some familiar names among honors such as Sizzix, Tattered Lace, Hobbycraft and so it goes on listing the creme de la creme of the crafting world that had won awards. 

As i read further into the article i discover the independent craft store awards and become rather excited to learn that the Midlands region winning craft shop Blyth Craft Studio is a 20 minuet drive away from me.

As i am passing by on the way to a hospital appointment i decide that it would be rude not to call in for a nosy! The big blue building in the middle of the gorgeous village of Blyth cannot be missed. Parking to the rear of the shop is ample and no more than a 20 yard shuffle.



Once through the door a friendly voice say's 'hello, shall i put the kettle on?' I look around to see if someone the lady knows has came in behind us, but nope there is just myself and my partner in the shop. I think i was that taken aback the second i walked through the door, i literally thought i had died and gone to craft heaven. 



We started chit chatting about crafting and the products in the shop, i was enquiring about die cutting machines and what Kim would recommend as i am totally new to it all. With that said Kim told me the only thing she will stock are big shot machines by Sizzix as they have the best track record and was more than happy to give me a demo as i had never used one before. We continued to chat as i perused the treasures in her vast stock range, honestly there as nothing i couldn't find in this beautiful Aladins cave of crafty amazingness!


As i continue through the most amazing shop i have been in ever i think, my wish list keeps growing and growing. All the colours and pretties had got the creative ideas flowing but trying to select what goodies to buy and what not to was very hard as i wanted it all pretty much. I was gutted i couldn't afford more on that particular day. There were so many new products that i had never came across before nor have any idea how to use, but Kim was very happy to answer any questions i had and explain how to use things and what goes with/ works with what.


My first lot of goodies from Blyth Craft Studio :-) 

Since my first visit i have been back twice and i will be back again on Tuesday to for another peruse and purchase from this amazing shop. There really isn't anything missing from Blyth Craft Studio whatever your crafting niche is.


Paper Paper everywhere ;-) in every colour and pattern imaginable.


Ooooo the choices!


Fill a box of card for a set price, yes please.


I have been purchasing many sheets of these beautiful papers.


Rubber stamps to suit every genre and occasion.


One of my newest addictions punches.


Inks another new addiction. I am loving yinks for £2.99 bargain!


I shall be taking part in these classes once my hospital treatments are complete. I can't wait to learn new skills and develop my crafting knowledge further.


Just one section of the shop! 

I am counting down the days to my birthday so i can go and have a mega spending spree in this beautiful shop. Kim obviously enjoys her work and it shows in her stock, customer service, knowledge and beautiful creations all around the shop. If you are passing i would advise calling in as it is literally a few miles off the A1 (the kettle's always on)

 I am actually gutted i hadn't discovered this place before. Not only for the pretties but for the advice Kim give, (the one to one customer service is unimaginable and so valuable) the classes and workshops Kim holds and organises that i can't wait to take part in and the all round experience you encounter when from the moment you walk through the door. I usually hate my hospital appointments but going here gives me a reason to smile afterwards :-)

Check out the studios website


Also pop over on facebook












No comments:

Post a Comment